You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I save my highlights in Apple books?

Why can’t i save my highlights in apple books?

Every time i close a book my highlights and notes desappear.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 5:34 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 27, 2020 7:07 PM in response to Chris_C1

This answer does not answer the question-- the linked article, "Read books in the Books app on iPad," provides instructions for making notes and highlights inside a book in iBooks on an iPad.

The question (and the one I also need answered) is: why aren't highlights/notes retained in a book/file between uses?

I'm using "Books" on a Macbook, and need to be able to send the annotated copy of the file (an .ePub), or the highlights & notes from it-- to another person. The highlights and notes were made in "Books" on a Mac, and will be used in "Books" on another Mac. No iDevices will be used in this process. Making notes/comments isn't the issue-- retaining them and/or saving and/or exporting them and/or keeping them inside the file is the issue.

Please advise?

Sep 5, 2020 3:30 PM in response to fátima256

Hello fátima256.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want highlights and bookmarks to be saved once you close books. We’re happy to help.

In order to save bookmarks and highlights, please view steps in the sections titled “Bookmark a page” and “Highlight or underline text” here: Read books in the Books app on iPad - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Can I save my highlights in Apple books?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.