You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase my storage in my phone

If I delete photos on my phone how can I be sure that they are safeostored somewhere else

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 8:58 AM

No, they are NOT safely stored anywhere else unless you sync them to a service like Google Photos, Dropbox, box.com, etc.

If you are thinking of iCloud, it is a sync service, not an archiving service. So if you delete a photo from your phone it will also be deleted from iCloud (and any other devices that share your iCloud account).

You can also download them to your computer using a USB cable.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2020 8:58 AM in response to saundra36

No, they are NOT safely stored anywhere else unless you sync them to a service like Google Photos, Dropbox, box.com, etc.

If you are thinking of iCloud, it is a sync service, not an archiving service. So if you delete a photo from your phone it will also be deleted from iCloud (and any other devices that share your iCloud account).

You can also download them to your computer using a USB cable.

Increase my storage in my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.