You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photolemur

The application Photolemur is no longer working as an extension in Photos, Mac OS Catalina. Is everyone who has this application having the same problem?

Thank You

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 4:23 PM

The last system version, where I could use the editing extension has been macOS 10,14.6 Mojave. On Catalina I am using it only as as a stand alone application.

• The Photolemur webpage https://photolemur.com/de says that Photolemur 3 is compatible with the following systems: 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra)

There has not been any update for Catalina, so it is to be expected, that Photolemur cannot handle the new security features in Catalina.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2020 4:23 PM in response to rosafromdiamond bar

The last system version, where I could use the editing extension has been macOS 10,14.6 Mojave. On Catalina I am using it only as as a stand alone application.

• The Photolemur webpage https://photolemur.com/de says that Photolemur 3 is compatible with the following systems: 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra)

There has not been any update for Catalina, so it is to be expected, that Photolemur cannot handle the new security features in Catalina.

Sep 6, 2020 1:49 AM in response to rosafromdiamond bar

You're welcome, Rosa.

It is a pity, it used to be a nice tool for a quick touch-up of the the photos and enhancing the faces. But the extension is no longer able to save the results back to Photos.

Both, the extension and the stand-alone application will give an error message when trying to save the result.

The only way I can use Photolemur 3 in Catalina and to save the adjusted image, is to use the "Mail" option in the export dialog.

• To pass a photo from Photos to Photolemur 3, select the photo and use "Image > Open in Photolemur 3". Process the image, then click "Export" and mail the result to yourself (at the original size).
  • Alternately quit Photolemur after calling it from "Image > Open in Photolemur 3". The "Quit" dialog will ask you if you want to save the image. This seems to work, if you give Photolemur 3 "Full disk access" in "System preferences > Security&Privacy".

This defeats the purpose of Photolemur as a tool to batch process new photos quickly.

The functionality of Photolemur has been bundled into Luminar 4 as a successor to the collection of stand-alone applications. But I would wait with replacing Photolemur by Luminar. The developer has announced a successor to Luminar 4, the all-new "Luminar AI", and it not clear at all, if the current Luminar 4 will be updated to run on the next system version macOS 11 Big Sur. I would wait for the next system and see, which applications will survive the next upgrade, before investing into short-lived replacements for your current applications.

Photolemur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.