You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer "not authorized" to play song I just purchased on said computer

Hello!

I just bought an album off of the itunes store and one song off of the album will not play.

When attempting to play it I get a prompt that says the computer is not authorized to play it.

I then put in my account information to authorize it and it says "This computer had been previously authorized, it has be re-authorized. Including this one, you have authorized 5 computers out of your available five." If I try to play the song again it just continues with a never ending loop of me attempting to authorize it.

I have only authorized the song on this computer because I purchased it through my itunes on this computer. I only have one account and didn't use a different one to buy it.

I just want to play the music I purchased, thanks for any help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 11:12 AM

Delete and redownload the song which won't play; if you get told that you'll be charged again, click here and ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

(183841)

Similar questions

2 replies

Computer "not authorized" to play song I just purchased on said computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.