You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I hide an app's icon from the Command-Tab app switcher?

I know you can hide the Finder icon on the app switcher (Command-Tab) using Terminal, but I don't want to do that. I want to hide a utilitiy app that pretty much runs in the background all of the time. Since I never need to bring it to front, the presence of the icon in my app switcher has become a luxury problem. I'm running Sierra 10.12. The Terminal instructions for hiding Finder that I have are on OSX Daily. Can I just replace 'Finder.app' with the app whose icon I want to hide?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 4:52 AM

The App Switcher faithfully shows applications that you have launched, whether foreground or background. There is no means to conceal a running App icon that you don't want to see.

2 replies

How do I hide an app's icon from the Command-Tab app switcher?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.