You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 10 screen stays locked

i have an iphone x using ios13.7 the latest update. problem is now when i raise my phone....or push the side buttons... the lock logo on top of the screen moves to the unlock position but my phone stays locked. like the screen is frozen and i can not swipe up to open or use the flashlite or the camera?

please advise if nyone else has this problem or knows of a fix?

thanks

clttt2

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 1:07 PM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2020 8:06 AM in response to clttt2

Sorry for this late update...but as my iPhone needed to fixed or replaced...I switch my service to my old iPhone SE and I decided to take mu iPhone X it to an local repair shop on about Sept 30.....and they first did some form of diagnostic test on the phone and found the touch screen was physically dead. So they replaced the screen and loaded IOS 13.7 and all was working well. So I took it home and alittle later updated to IOS14.1 and now the phone works perfect. It sure was extremely coincidental that the touch screen went dead at the same time I did the update to IOS 14..?

Sep 8, 2020 1:02 PM in response to frazzm737

THANKS...I did the rest / update function first. after using the iphone a few times it locked up again. so the second time I did the reset/ restore function.... and after using it a few times it locked up again....the problem being the face ID recognition would unlock the lock ontop the screen but would not allow me to do anything...like it did not recognize my finger touch. so i had an idea...and performed the full reset / restore function again...and this time when it asked me to do the face ID recognition ..i sad NO...do this later. and set my pass code to unlock my screen. Now the iPhone is functioning normal for one whole day now. I'm afraid to activate the Facial ID recognition.

Sep 20, 2020 10:04 AM in response to clttt2

OK guys...this screen lockup headache came back again to my iPhone X after updating my phone to IOS 14.... And now its permanently frozen and does not recognize my touch at all.... even after i followed the posted process, and did the Hard Reset / Update function twice while connected to my MacBook. The side buttons function fine and it charges fine. but the touch screen acts like its Frozen Up.? and does not allow me to do anything. Please advise if any one else has this issue after the IOS update.? or if you think my touch screen has a mechanical malfunction that need a replacement?

thanks for any advice.

iphone 10 screen stays locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.