You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock for Iphone

Hi there, i found an iphone with a screen broken then i took it to fix and cost me $170. The Apple ID and password is needed if their is anyone can help me to fix this please, if not, i need to get hold of the owner if you can find it and give him/her my email or phone number to contact me please.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:35 PM

Your iPhone has an Activation Lock on it. As you have discovered, you will need the previous owner's Apple ID and Password to remove that Activation Lock. Unfortunately you will need to find the previous owner's information on your own. Apple is not going to be able to help you in this matter.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2020 8:35 PM in response to silia96

Your iPhone has an Activation Lock on it. As you have discovered, you will need the previous owner's Apple ID and Password to remove that Activation Lock. Unfortunately you will need to find the previous owner's information on your own. Apple is not going to be able to help you in this matter.

Axel F.

Activation Lock for Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.