You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does FCP X Trial come with HVEC export (including 10bit)

Hi,

I need to export in HVEC, using the trial version, running Catalina, have the current Pro video formats installed, however no destination appears for Apple devices 4K HVEC or where the export for Master File is selected the Video Codec selection does not include HVEC either, as H264 appears with no 10bit option, where only the other 422s etc that appear allow the WG HDR output (Rec.2020 HLG).

The link for the FCP X trial doesn't seem to advise that it doesn't.

Cheers

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 11:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 12:48 AM

BHAussie wrote:

Cool thanks very much Al. I'm the trying the Finder method.
As you cannot select 10 bit via this method (e.g. HEVC 2160p), if you've had any experience with this method, do you know if that is automatic for the source file or will it be the 8 bit? (additionally, do you know what the 'Preserve transparency' selection does? and is there a status of the output task anywhere?) Thank you

The result will be 8 bit.

The Preserve Transparency does what it says for codecs that support transparency.

Regards the status:

Sort of, there is a spinning wheel in the Task Bar top of Finder.

It only means it's working on something.

All I can say is HEVC is sloooow.

A 2 mins conversion takes about 30 mins on my Mac. H.264 > H.265.

Al

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 10, 2020 12:48 AM in response to BHAussie

BHAussie wrote:

As you cannot select 10 bit via this method (e.g. HEVC 2160p), if you've had any experience with this method, do you know if that is automatic for the source file or will it be the 8 bit? (additionally, do you know what the 'Preserve transparency' selection does? and is there a status of the output task anywhere?) Thank you

The result will be 8 bit.

The Preserve Transparency does what it says for codecs that support transparency.

Regards the status:

Sort of, there is a spinning wheel in the Task Bar top of Finder.

It only means it's working on something.

All I can say is HEVC is sloooow.

A 2 mins conversion takes about 30 mins on my Mac. H.264 > H.265.

Al

Sep 9, 2020 11:56 PM in response to Alchroma

Does FCP X Trial come with HVEC export (including 10bit)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.