You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store show open button instead of update button

I installed an application and found a bug in a while. Support said me to update the app since the bug was fixed in fresh version that was released 4 days ago. I open App Store, then "Today" and looked at a list of app that can be updated. I didn't find the app in the list. So, I go to a list of installed applications and found the app there. I saw button 'open' instead of 'update'.

The button 'update' was shown only when I refreshed "Today" page (go top to the page and slide up to refresh). Why do I need to make this extra action for refreshing the page? Isn't it more user friendly to show apps in up-to-date state when user just open "Today" page?

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 1:15 AM

3 replies

Sep 10, 2020 7:51 PM in response to Patyat

Hello Patyat,

It sounds like you are needing a resource in regards to the configuration of performing updates. We think you will find the following resource helpful in getting you headed in the right direction: Update apps or use automatic downloads

Specifically the section titled: "You can turn on automatic updates."

We appreciate you reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Be well!

Sep 11, 2020 6:13 AM in response to Patyat

Hello Patyat,

If you are referring to the manual process of updating apps, also mentioned in the article above, then yes. You are accessing the information correctly by refreshing "Today" to see your updates.

We can recommend making sure your device is updated if you are experiencing issues with its functions. In the event this recommendation doesn't resolve your issue please reach out to Apple Support for further guidance.

We appreciate you reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Be well!

app store show open button instead of update button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.