You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX can see my SD card as a device but does not read it!

I changed my MacBook Pro 2 weeks ago. I have been editing on FCPX for years and never had an issue. I did not change my camera nor did I change the format. All was working fine with my old MacBook Pro. What happens now is that I insert my SD card in the reader (new readers because the new MBP have no side SD card slot). I can see the content in Photos but not in FCPX. I tried more than one type of card reader so it's not the reader (at least I think) Am I missing something? I work on FCPX 10.4.9.

Anybody have this issue? How did you fix it?

Thank you

Lionel

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:55 AM

Make sure that FCP has "Full Disk Access" in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy.

If it still does not show: how was the material recorded in this SD card? What camera? How is the card formatted?

Similar questions

2 replies

FCPX can see my SD card as a device but does not read it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.