You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple USB Super Drive

Do I need to purchase the Apple USB Super Drive if I want to display photos on a CD that I burned from another computer?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:33 AM

If you have another networked computer—Mac or Windows—with a working optical drive, you can use Apple's Remote Disk function:

Use the CD or DVD drive from another computer with your Mac - Apple Support

This is especially useful if you only have a short-term need. I use it from my 2017 iMac to my 2012 MacBook Pro, the last MBP that had an optical drive. Slick.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2020 10:33 AM in response to CGSI

If you have another networked computer—Mac or Windows—with a working optical drive, you can use Apple's Remote Disk function:

Use the CD or DVD drive from another computer with your Mac - Apple Support

This is especially useful if you only have a short-term need. I use it from my 2017 iMac to my 2012 MacBook Pro, the last MBP that had an optical drive. Slick.

Apple USB Super Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.