You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resizing/Rotating Video Clip

In FCP 10.4.9 I have a clip which is rotated – 2160 x 3840. I can flip it horizontally using transform, but the flip doesn’t change the size of the clip so the edges are truncated. How do I change the clip size to 3840 x 3160? This can be done in Quicktime, but I'd like to be able to do it in FCP.

Parallels, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:45 PM

Sorry I did not see your image attentively.

Your project is 2160x3840, and it seems that you want a regular landscape UHD project, not jn a portrait orientation.

Select the project in the browser, open the Inspector and click the Modify button. Select 4K and make sure that the dimensions are 3840 x 2160.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2020 11:45 PM in response to Caprichoso

Sorry I did not see your image attentively.

Your project is 2160x3840, and it seems that you want a regular landscape UHD project, not jn a portrait orientation.

Select the project in the browser, open the Inspector and click the Modify button. Select 4K and make sure that the dimensions are 3840 x 2160.

Resizing/Rotating Video Clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.