You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV in France

Hi, We live in France and are considering buying apple tv, but we just want english uk content, is that possible?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:21 PM

No, the Apple TV (and you) would need to be located in the UK. Apple TV's are streaming devices and while the Apple TV will work just fine in France it will have French content. However due to the proximity to the UK, depending on what you want it may be available. I'll give you an example, I live in the USA and recently took my Apple TV to Mexico with me. Almost all the content we watch in the USA was available and there were no problems.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2020 11:21 PM in response to pva47

No, the Apple TV (and you) would need to be located in the UK. Apple TV's are streaming devices and while the Apple TV will work just fine in France it will have French content. However due to the proximity to the UK, depending on what you want it may be available. I'll give you an example, I live in the USA and recently took my Apple TV to Mexico with me. Almost all the content we watch in the USA was available and there were no problems.

Sep 11, 2020 11:26 PM in response to pva47

That will be difficult.

• Most UK content providers (BBC, ITV, Channel Four, etc.) are only willing to stream to UK addresses. Their apps will be available to UK residents (UK billing address) only.
  • Many titles in Apple’s own iTunes Store default to the French language, for French region accounts. Some titles will be available with additional secondary language, or a separate non-dubbed version; other titles may not have that option.

Apple TV in France

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.