You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move documents from desktop to iCloud

How do I move documents from my desktop (which is technically backed up with iCloud) to the actual iCloud document area? I feel silly but also how do I access all those files that I have stored out there? Primarily these docs are pdf documents, excel documents and word documents??

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 9:42 AM

When iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is turned as on in Mac https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchle5a61431/10.14/mac/10.14

If you open finder > under iCloud section > iCloud Drive > Documents you can see the pdf documents , excel documents ....created with Microsoft .

And in finder > under iCloud section > Documents > the same Microsoft soft documents will be reflected you don't need to again copy and paste them again here .

To open them and view them , click once over them to get highlighted and and press space bar of Mac .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2020 9:42 AM in response to greebee

When iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is turned as on in Mac https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchle5a61431/10.14/mac/10.14

If you open finder > under iCloud section > iCloud Drive > Documents you can see the pdf documents , excel documents ....created with Microsoft .

And in finder > under iCloud section > Documents > the same Microsoft soft documents will be reflected you don't need to again copy and paste them again here .

To open them and view them , click once over them to get highlighted and and press space bar of Mac .

How do I move documents from desktop to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.