You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My?

Hi, I wanted to ask if I share my location with someone and the person shared their location with me but then stopped sharing it. In that case does that person still see my location even tough I dont see the contact in Find My and I did not stop sharing my location?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 5:08 PM

I think I understand now. As far as I know, you can share your location without the other person sharing their location with you. It can work the other way around as well. Someone can share their location with you without you sharing your location with them.

There is no way to see who is tracking your location.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2020 5:08 PM in response to johndoe85

I think I understand now. As far as I know, you can share your location without the other person sharing their location with you. It can work the other way around as well. Someone can share their location with you without you sharing your location with them.

There is no way to see who is tracking your location.

Sep 14, 2020 4:10 AM in response to johndoe85

johndoe85 wrote:

So they can see my location even if I dont have that person as a contact in Find My anymore? Is there a way to see who can see your location?

Now I’m a little confused. If the person is no longer in your contacts at all, I’m not sure if they can see your location. If you are concerned about it, why don’t you just stop sharing your location?

Sep 15, 2020 2:32 PM in response to Demo

Well I have that person in my contacts, but the person doesn´t appear in the Find My app anymore, and I don´t want to stop sharing my location altogether because there are other people whom I still like to share it with. To simplify it once more, is it possible that if I didn´t stop sharing my location, but a person stopped sharing theirs, and I guess that would mean that they don´t appear in the app no more, can they still see my location? And last but not least it is possible to see who checks your location? I am very thankful for the response I got and for the one´s I may receive.

Find My?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.