You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get incoming mail on my iPhone 11?

Why can't I get incoming e-mails on my iPhone 11? I'm about ready to trash it!

iPhone 11, 13

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 6:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 10:44 AM

Whatever you saw is wrong. I receive email from 5 accounts over cellular data or Wi-Fi, whether it’s charging or not.

What kind of email account is it (iCloud, gmail, AOL, Yahoo, your cable provider, etc)?

The general solution is to go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, tap on the email account and delete it. Then restart your phone. Go back to Settings/Passwords & Accounts and add it back.

NOTE: For iOS 14 the location for mail setup has changed to Settings/Mail/Accounts

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2020 10:44 AM in response to AngelLady

Whatever you saw is wrong. I receive email from 5 accounts over cellular data or Wi-Fi, whether it’s charging or not.

What kind of email account is it (iCloud, gmail, AOL, Yahoo, your cable provider, etc)?

The general solution is to go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, tap on the email account and delete it. Then restart your phone. Go back to Settings/Passwords & Accounts and add it back.

NOTE: For iOS 14 the location for mail setup has changed to Settings/Mail/Accounts

Sep 17, 2020 10:40 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply but the problem still hasn't been solved! I seem to remember seeing something on the Apple website that said I can only receive mail on my iPhone when it's on WiFi and charging. Be that the case, of what use is my iPhone to me? My only recourse seems to be to check into my webmail, which is necessary but not liked.

Why can't I get incoming mail on my iPhone 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.