You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Color Text Dropdown Options

Hello!

My text color dropdown in Pages has very limited options. I don't have the standard ROYGBIV colors, instead, I have these bland blues, grays, and oranges. I don't know how to change the suggested options to standard colors I would actually use. I don't like having to click the color spin wheel just to choose red, for example. Does anyone know how to change this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 9:12 AM

As a workaround in the meantime you can click the "wheel" or whatever and drag the colors you use down into the boxes at the bottom:

There's a lot of functionality in the color picker. I learned a lot from this video.

SG

4 replies

Sep 15, 2020 8:28 AM in response to alesha177

Hi alesha177, 

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're not seeing the expected colors when choosing the Text Color in Pages. We'd like to help you get those colors back. 

Does this only happen in Pages? If you open a document in Numbers, are you able to see the expected Text Colors under the Text sidebar? 

In order to isolate this issue a bit more, it would be helpful to see how your colors show while in safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Once there, check the color options. Then, reboot your computer normally and test those colors again in Pages.

Hope that helps!

Pages Color Text Dropdown Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.