You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple A1644 Magic Keyboard keys not working properly.

Hello, Apple community !

I really loved my Apple Magic keyboard (model: A1644) but it has started behaving in a weird manner recently.

the following keys are not responding at all.

"Q", "A", "Z", "1", "2", "3", "Delete/Backspace"

To put it simply, when I press these keys, characters doesn't appear. Initially, the problem was with one the key "Q" later on more keys have started getting the same problem.

I have talked to an authorised sales center near my locality and they said that they don't repair keyboards. I'm wondering if there is anything I could do to fix this.

Thank you in advance,

Jay.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 8:41 AM

Okay. After doing a lot of research and wasting my time on this, eventually concluded that this is not repairable. |

I think Apple should be facing a legal case for making these terrible keyboards and selling them at ridiculous price which stops working within a short time. This comment is to inform everyone who is facing the issue.

Are you listening, Apple?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2020 8:41 AM in response to jay.zen

Okay. After doing a lot of research and wasting my time on this, eventually concluded that this is not repairable. |

I think Apple should be facing a legal case for making these terrible keyboards and selling them at ridiculous price which stops working within a short time. This comment is to inform everyone who is facing the issue.

Are you listening, Apple?

Apple A1644 Magic Keyboard keys not working properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.