You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quick punch-in is not immediate

I have a problem with quick punch-in in Logic Pro X.

Quick punch-in is enabled. I press play, then at the point where I want to record the new take I switch on recording (press the recording button).

According to the manual, recording should start "immediately". However, in my case this is not the case. After I have clicked, play continues and then recording mode kicks with a certain delay (I'd say about 300 ms). There is no delay in the recorded material, it is just that the recording mode is not switched on immediately.

Is it normal?

I am using Logic 10.4.8 on MacOS 10.13.6.

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 10:17 AM

Ok, understand.

My way of doing it would be:

• record,

• stop, if there is a mistake (so it's easy to see where to edit, later)

• follow up the recording with the correction to keep the flow (you don't have to create a new track, because it's non-destructive).

• When the whole recording is done, I would do the edits.

There is no right or wrong. There are many ways that lead to the goal.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 10:17 AM in response to blue1_

Ok, understand.

My way of doing it would be:

• record,

• stop, if there is a mistake (so it's easy to see where to edit, later)

• follow up the recording with the correction to keep the flow (you don't have to create a new track, because it's non-destructive).

• When the whole recording is done, I would do the edits.

There is no right or wrong. There are many ways that lead to the goal.

Sep 14, 2020 9:53 AM in response to blue1_

There might be always a (little) delay, for many reasons.

Question.

Is it really crucial to have the ability to use "quick punch in"? Or can it be done by just recording on another track?

Since I work with audio computers, I've never used "quick punch in" or "Punch on the fly". It was a big deal, when using tape machines, but now?

quick punch-in is not immediate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.