You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sidecar non connette col dispositivo Sidecar will not connect with device

Italian: Cercando di abbinare sidecar con iPad Pro 1", trovo l'iPAD nel SIDECAR di Preferenze di sistema, clicco sul nome del iPAD ma viene immediatamente un messaggio di errore: "Impossibile connettere, il tempo di attesa è scaduto"

English: In Preferences I try to match iPAD Pro 11" with my iMAC (Retina 5K) and an error message immediately says "impossible to connect, the waiting time has expired" (translation min).

Le funzioni copia incolla, invece, funzionano bene.

Copy and paste functions work.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 5:42 AM

Hey filipeduardovich,

Thanks for trying those steps. We have a few more suggestions to help resolve the issue you're having with Sidecar.

Next, we'd recommend checking to ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and then restart both your iPad and Mac.

Then, we'd suggest turning Handoff off and then back on for both devices: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices

If that doesn't help, we'd also suggest toggling Bluetooth on and off for both devices as well to see if that helps.

Thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2020 5:42 AM in response to filipeduardovich

Hey filipeduardovich,

Thanks for trying those steps. We have a few more suggestions to help resolve the issue you're having with Sidecar.

Next, we'd recommend checking to ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and then restart both your iPad and Mac.

Then, we'd suggest turning Handoff off and then back on for both devices: Use Handoff to continue a task on your other devices

If that doesn't help, we'd also suggest toggling Bluetooth on and off for both devices as well to see if that helps.

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2020 9:22 AM in response to filipeduardovich

Hey filipeduardovich,

It sounds like you're having an issue with Sidecar on your iPad and Mac. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

First, we'd recommend reviewing the information here: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

Then, we'd suggest checking for and installing any updates that may be available for your Mac and iPad:

How to update the software on your Mac

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After updating, you'll then want to check to confirm that you're signed in with the same Apple ID on both your iPad and Mac.

Thanks!

Sep 16, 2020 5:04 AM in response to jeremy_v

I have done all that, but clicking on "connect" gets me the timeout error message almost immediately. (As far as Airplay is concerned, I have had four MACs but rarely the pleasure of seeing Airplay on the display. )

Tim Cook's iOS14 is promised for tonight here in Europe, so i will perform that operation before making a new attempt with Sidecar. Your attention is always appreciated.

Sep 18, 2020 9:08 AM in response to SnickZ.

I have now downloaded iOS 14 in iMAC and iPhone. Trying the pad once again, I would get the same error message to the effect that connection with iPAD was not possible because the device had timed out. Then, a mysterious box appear telling me that I needed to download more software to make the connection work. Casting off suspicion I accepted the download. At first, the same message appeared in the handoff box at the top of the screen, but then I tried writing something in notes, which indeed did get transferred to iMAC. so I am extremely grateful to all your (successful) efforts to assist.

sidecar non connette col dispositivo Sidecar will not connect with device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.