You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LogiTech webcam not working on only one account

I recently got a new LogiTech webcam for my daughter's virtual school. Last week, the webcam was working fine for everyone. As of this morning (Monday), the webcam is no longer working on her account (non-admin), but works just fine on my account and my wife's (both admins) (in Zoom, Facetime, PhotoBooth).

When we're in my daughter's account though, Facetime gives an error about not receiving video from the camera. In the Zoom settings, Zoom can pick up audio from the camera fine, and lists the camera as the select video source, but the actual video is black. In PhotoBooth there is an error stating there's no camera connected (or something like that - if the exact error message matters I can go check it).

I checked the Privacy settings for her account and under Camera "Zoom" is listed and checked. Not sure how to add another app or if I even have to.

Nothing has changed since last week...

... and yes I did try restarting the computer.

Any suggestions on why a camera wouldn't be working with just one account?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 2:23 PM

I figured it out... should anyone ever run into this. It wasn't the "Privacy" Settings, but the new "Screen Time" parental control-type settings. Under there, then Screen Time -> Content and Privacy there is an option to enable the camera.

I'm not sure why it worked one week and not the next. I hadn't updated the OS in about a month. But once I found that and enabled it, it started working.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2020 2:23 PM in response to fredct

I figured it out... should anyone ever run into this. It wasn't the "Privacy" Settings, but the new "Screen Time" parental control-type settings. Under there, then Screen Time -> Content and Privacy there is an option to enable the camera.

I'm not sure why it worked one week and not the next. I hadn't updated the OS in about a month. But once I found that and enabled it, it started working.

LogiTech webcam not working on only one account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.