You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound coming from paired Bluetooth devices

My iphone X is not playing sound through any Bluetooth devices. I have tried everything from my car to AirPods and Bluetooth speaker. It connects to the devices just fine, but their is no sound coming through. This just started a couple days ago. I think since the latest update but not sure.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 6:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:26 PM

MyistrE Said:

"No sound coming from paired Bluetooth devices: My iphone X is not playing sound through any Bluetooth devices. I have tried everything from my car to AirPods and Bluetooth speaker. It connects to the devices just fine, but their is no sound coming through. This just started a couple days ago. I think since the latest update but not sure."

-------

Consider Trying the Following:

A. Having Updated - Remove the Device:

Try this while your car is in park. It all has to do with Driving & Safety. So, remove the iPhone, remove it from the car's stereo, restart the iPhone, and then add it back which it is in park. So, on the iPhone itself, remove the devices from the list on your iPhone, resync it all on the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: MY DEVICES
  3. Tap: the blue "i" (on the far right of the device)
  4. Tap: Forget this Device
  5. Tap: Forget Device (On very bottom of screen)

B. Add the Device Back:

Your iPhone will keep looking for "OTHER DEVICES". That is shown below that last enlisted item.

Links:

C. Contact the Manufacturer:

Contacting the manufacturer of the Bluetooth accessory would help as well. You'd visit their home page, and would the would find their Contact Us link (usually forum on the direct bottom of the page, or on a Contact Us tab.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 7:26 PM in response to MyistrE

MyistrE Said:

"No sound coming from paired Bluetooth devices: My iphone X is not playing sound through any Bluetooth devices. I have tried everything from my car to AirPods and Bluetooth speaker. It connects to the devices just fine, but their is no sound coming through. This just started a couple days ago. I think since the latest update but not sure."

-------

Consider Trying the Following:

A. Having Updated - Remove the Device:

Try this while your car is in park. It all has to do with Driving & Safety. So, remove the iPhone, remove it from the car's stereo, restart the iPhone, and then add it back which it is in park. So, on the iPhone itself, remove the devices from the list on your iPhone, resync it all on the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: MY DEVICES
  3. Tap: the blue "i" (on the far right of the device)
  4. Tap: Forget this Device
  5. Tap: Forget Device (On very bottom of screen)

B. Add the Device Back:

Your iPhone will keep looking for "OTHER DEVICES". That is shown below that last enlisted item.

Links:

C. Contact the Manufacturer:

Contacting the manufacturer of the Bluetooth accessory would help as well. You'd visit their home page, and would the would find their Contact Us link (usually forum on the direct bottom of the page, or on a Contact Us tab.

No sound coming from paired Bluetooth devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.