You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop display from closing so fast?

G'day,

I was wondering how I stop the display from closing, after about a minute of no mouse or keyboard activity I have to sign in. I have been into energy saver and moved the slider but same same every time one minute lock out. Cheers and thanks for any help it's very much appreciated .

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 11:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 3:43 PM

"I solved the problem by accident it must be said".

Thanks for the replies it's very much appreciated, cheers and have a good one.

System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Check Box Require Password xx Mins after sleep or screen saver begins.

5 replies

Sep 15, 2020 5:47 PM in response to Puddle5ofMud

Hey there Puddle5ofMud,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your Mac is going to sleep unexpectedly and you’ve already checked the Energy Saver settings. We’ll be happy to help with this.

If the Energy Saver settings are set to turn the display off longer than one minute, you’ll want to review the steps in this link for why this may be happening:

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected

We hope this helps.

Take care.

How to stop display from closing so fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.