You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gmail not working on the mail app the comes the phone

I have an issue with gmail not working on the mail app that comes with the the Iphone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mail and all the account settings. Once this was done it works for about an hour and then stops. If I load the gmail app it all works OK.

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 1:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 8:31 AM

Yes I have the same issue. Gmail not coming through to my iphone email app inbox. Same behavior as described above - emails come through for about an hour then stop. Some emails came through to my 'all mail' folder, but not my 'inbox'. Junk mail comes through, but not my normal email. Settings are all correct. Tried deleting and reinstalling the gmail account. restarting phone. Hard resetting phone. Now I am busy restoring the software on the phone through itunes app on my desktop computer. Been on gmail support forums and now chatting with apple tech support for over 2 hours troubleshooting. Last resort is to restore the software. Huge mission for such a seemingly small issue. Hoping this works...

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2020 8:31 AM in response to AppleFankittykittylicklick

Yes I have the same issue. Gmail not coming through to my iphone email app inbox. Same behavior as described above - emails come through for about an hour then stop. Some emails came through to my 'all mail' folder, but not my 'inbox'. Junk mail comes through, but not my normal email. Settings are all correct. Tried deleting and reinstalling the gmail account. restarting phone. Hard resetting phone. Now I am busy restoring the software on the phone through itunes app on my desktop computer. Been on gmail support forums and now chatting with apple tech support for over 2 hours troubleshooting. Last resort is to restore the software. Huge mission for such a seemingly small issue. Hoping this works...

Sep 15, 2020 4:16 AM in response to llewellyn276

Are you not receiving emails or not able to send one?

Have you configured POP3 or IMAP

Not working is a very broad term. Refer to google article below...

Sync your Google Account with Apple apps

To sync content from your Google Account with the Apple apps on your device:

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
  2. Select Passwords & Accounts    Add Account  Google.
  3. Follow the steps to enter your email address and password. (If you don't have the latest operating system for your iPhone or iPad and you use 2-Step Verification, enter an app passwordinstead of your regular password.)
  4. Choose the content you'd like to add, then select Save.

The Google Account data you choose will sync with your iPhone or iPad. To see your content, open the corresponding app.

gmail not working on the mail app the comes the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.