You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No advertised free trial period, billed immediately

I installed an application from App Store that had a 7 day free trial period and selected a yearly subscription plan after the free trial period expires. However, there was no trial period, I got billed immediately after installing the application. My request for a refund at https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ "does not meet the conditions" regardless of what I type in the description field.

I have not made any refund claims before, I have an email from the application developer that I should request a refund from Apple but I do not know how to do this.

How should I go about doing this?

The purchase was made 2 days ago and I would like to address this before the advertised free trial expires.

Thank you.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 6:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:23 AM

Hi marija37,

We understand you're having trouble with a refund. We're happy to guide you to the right place.

If your refund request on the website is not working, you'll want to contact Apple Support directly to work with the billing team. You can connect with them here: Get Support

Just use the following path to access their phone and live chat support options: iTunes Store & App Store > Unrecognized Charge > No.

We hope this helps. Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2020 7:23 AM in response to marija37

Hi marija37,

We understand you're having trouble with a refund. We're happy to guide you to the right place.

If your refund request on the website is not working, you'll want to contact Apple Support directly to work with the billing team. You can connect with them here: Get Support

Just use the following path to access their phone and live chat support options: iTunes Store & App Store > Unrecognized Charge > No.

We hope this helps. Take care!

No advertised free trial period, billed immediately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.