You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 10.4.9 crashing on startup

Hey all,

I'm having a really rough time with Final Cut lately. It's almost like every week I have to reinstall this app. Basically union startup the app flashes open and then crashes. Does that for about 5 startups and then opens up and works fine. After about a week of use, it does it's normal 5 crashes and then it doesn't show video at all and the only way to fix it, is it delete the app and re-download it. I will post the crash log below if anybody can help. I'd really appreciate it.

-The crashlog only lets me put 100,000 characters so i'll have to post the rest if anyone needs it.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 2:27 PM

3 replies

Sep 15, 2020 6:31 PM in response to JayOhh_

Make a list of all your 3rd party plugins and see if the developers have updates. Or, go the other direction and remove them and see if the launch problems go away. Reinstall (updated versions if available) one at a time to see which one (or more, as Tom says) might be causing your launch problem. Larry Jordan has a relatively recent article about removing plugins <https://larryjordan.com/articles/how-to-remove-plugins-from-final-cut-pro-x/>

Final Cut Pro 10.4.9 crashing on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.