You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I no longer preview songs in the iTunes store?

In the past when visiting the iTunes Store (via Music app) on my Mac, I could search for a song or artist, review the list of songs that appeared, and play a short clip of a song. Now when I try to do that, I get a pop-up to “Try Apple Music for 3 months free" OR “No Thanks” with no opportunity to hear a sample. What if you want to hear a sample before you buy? And can you no longer buy songs/albums? Is signing up for Apple Music the only option?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 9:45 AM

You can still buy songs and albums in the iTunes Store and still preview them using the Music app -- both without an Apple Music subscription. See the iTunes Store section of the following for information on how to access the iTunes Store using the Music app in Catalina: Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2020 9:45 AM in response to gingging65

You can still buy songs and albums in the iTunes Store and still preview them using the Music app -- both without an Apple Music subscription. See the iTunes Store section of the following for information on how to access the iTunes Store using the Music app in Catalina: Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Why can I no longer preview songs in the iTunes store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.