You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iwatch

Can I send and receive text messages On my Apple Watch from an Android phone if my IPhone is off?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 10:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 10:42 AM

In this support article: Set up cellular on your Apple Watch - Apple Support, the following is mentioned:

• To receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your Apple Watch with cellular, your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular.

Also, see: Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2020 10:42 AM in response to karribryant67

In this support article: Set up cellular on your Apple Watch - Apple Support, the following is mentioned:

• To receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your Apple Watch with cellular, your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular.

Also, see: Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

Iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.