You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup bugged

Hello, iCloud says I’m taking roughly 30 gigs of storage because of a 12 gb backup. The problem is that I have not made a backup with iCloud, and when I click on it there’s nothing to delete.

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 3:40 AM

Update: I contacted the support, they said it was unusual and transferred the procedure to the engineers that erased the backups on iCloud. It took more time than expected (erasing a backup if agreed by the customer could be faster I guess) but eventually it solved the issue so all good.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2020 3:40 AM in response to zinacef

Update: I contacted the support, they said it was unusual and transferred the procedure to the engineers that erased the backups on iCloud. It took more time than expected (erasing a backup if agreed by the customer could be faster I guess) but eventually it solved the issue so all good.

iCloud backup bugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.