You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated safari to version 14

Since I updated safari to version 14.0 today, i cannot play mp3 music from a website. It just tells me to change browser in order to play. It worked fine before the update. Is this a temporary glitch?

iMac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 7:49 AM

13 replies

Sep 17, 2020 8:10 AM in response to pippins100

Safari 14?

It looks like you may be running beta software... and if so, it is expected to have bugs.

We are not supposed to discuss beta software, as per the rules of this forum.

You should use the proper feedback channel to report issues.

If I misunderstood, please clarify. [As I am writing I have no indication of Safari 14 being released, but updates sometimes take a while to appear to everyone]

Sep 17, 2020 10:43 AM in response to dialabrain

I get a message at the top that says “oops, your browser does not appear to support mp3. Please use another browser and try again.” Also just above the mark to click to play, it says “stopped”.

Maybe I could re-install catalina and see if it corrects. It must be me, as you guys can hear the music ok.

I will try again tomorrow with re-boot, and report just in case it helps others.

updated safari to version 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.