You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer apps from old to new iPad? Didn’t come over from backup

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:53 AM

Installed Apps are neither stored nor restored from an iCloud or iTunes backup - only the App data is included in the backups.

Apps must be (re)downloaded from the App Store - although it should be noted that only App versions, that remain available in the Apple App Store, can be reinstalled. For an iPad Air3 (indicated in the tags appended to your post), this shouldn’t be a cause for concern.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2020 8:53 AM in response to Joebuck1

Installed Apps are neither stored nor restored from an iCloud or iTunes backup - only the App data is included in the backups.

Apps must be (re)downloaded from the App Store - although it should be noted that only App versions, that remain available in the Apple App Store, can be reinstalled. For an iPad Air3 (indicated in the tags appended to your post), this shouldn’t be a cause for concern.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.