You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am i getting error 4000 when trying to update to iOS 14?

Currently on iOS13.6 (iPhone 8). Every time i try to update to iOS 14 (from iTunes or directly from phone), I get an error 4000 and the update fails.

Suggestions to fix please!

Thanks!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 10:00 AM

I have read elsewhere that deactivating your pass code and lock screen will allow the upgrade to occur (no error rec'd). Problem is that this is a corporate issued phone so i don't have ability to deactivate the pass code and lock screen.

APPLE - help please! From the number of posts i see on this topic, this is clearly a problem on your end!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2020 10:00 AM in response to jeremyf0923

I have read elsewhere that deactivating your pass code and lock screen will allow the upgrade to occur (no error rec'd). Problem is that this is a corporate issued phone so i don't have ability to deactivate the pass code and lock screen.

APPLE - help please! From the number of posts i see on this topic, this is clearly a problem on your end!

Why am i getting error 4000 when trying to update to iOS 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.