You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13-inch 2016 screen distortions on opening and closing screen hinge

I've had the MacBook about 3 years, and out of nowhere (no damage) the images on the display now become distorted with neon colors and what look like "negative" color images at times. It seems to only occur when the screen is opened up to various hinge angles. (It all looks normal, for instance, when the screen is only opened about 30 degrees, but if I open it, say 45 degrees or more, it starts to glitch. I've rebooted in safe mode and it looks the same. What else can I try??? Do I need to bring it in? It's running Catalina Version 10.15.6. (Seems like a hardware problem, owing to the hinge angle thing).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 6:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 7:28 PM

If physically moving the display open & close (back & forth) changes the issue a bit, then it is a hardware issue. You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop and provide you with an estimate for the repair.

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Pro 13-inch 2016 screen distortions on opening and closing screen hinge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.