You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extend Your Apple Care+ instructions

My iPhone SE first gen with Apple Care+ does not have the selection listed under Extend your Apple Care, as follows:

"go to Settings > General > About, then tap AppleCare Coverage Available. "

A place to tap "AppleCare Coverage Available" isn't there?

How can I extend my coverage if the option is not there?

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 7:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 6:33 PM

Hello Bob, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like information on how you can extend your AppleCare+ coverage for your iPhone SE. 

If you paid in full upfront for AppleCare+ coverage you'll be eligible to extend it monthly after the initial contract period is over, you won't see the option to extend before that time. Check out the following information from this article: Extend your AppleCare+ coverage

"In Australia, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States, you can purchase the new coverage within 60 days of the end date of your original coverage. In Japan, you can purchase the new coverage within 30 days of the end date of your original coverage."

You can find the step to follow to check when your coverage ends by following the information under the "How to check when your coverage expires" section of the article. 

All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2020 6:33 PM in response to BobW0904

Hello Bob, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like information on how you can extend your AppleCare+ coverage for your iPhone SE. 

If you paid in full upfront for AppleCare+ coverage you'll be eligible to extend it monthly after the initial contract period is over, you won't see the option to extend before that time. Check out the following information from this article: Extend your AppleCare+ coverage

"In Australia, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States, you can purchase the new coverage within 60 days of the end date of your original coverage. In Japan, you can purchase the new coverage within 30 days of the end date of your original coverage."

You can find the step to follow to check when your coverage ends by following the information under the "How to check when your coverage expires" section of the article. 

All the best.

Sep 27, 2020 6:46 PM in response to BobW0904

BobW0904 wrote:

My iPhone SE first gen with Apple Care+ does not have the selection listed under Extend your Apple Care, as follows:
"go to Settings > General > About, then tap AppleCare Coverage Available. "

A place to tap "AppleCare Coverage Available" isn't there?

How can I extend my coverage if the option is not there?

Likely means your coverage is not extendable.

Extend Your Apple Care+ instructions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.