You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep tracking is working not as expected on iOS14/WatchOS 7 with Health app and AutoSleep app too

Hi.

It looks like the new sleep tracking feature in iOS14/WatchOS 7 is working not as expected. I was using the AutoSleep app for years on my iPhone/Watch to track my sleep, and after updating to iOS14 and WatchOS 7 tried to enable the native new feature, but it shows me completely incorrect data. It does not track sleep as expected.

The Health app asks to set desired sleep hours, but unfortunately pretty often I go to sleep much later or much earlier, and wake up also later or earlier. I have a lot of reasons for it, including my work schedule. Unfortunately, I can’t go to sleep exactly when scheduled.

The AutoSleep app was able to detect proper sleep time by itself, based on heart rate and activity. The new iOS 14 sleep feature doesn't work that good. For example today I went to sleep at 6:30AM and woke up at 3:15PM (had to work during the night). The sleep schedule was set to 4AM-1PM, and the Health app shows me that I went to sleep at 4:30AM woke up exactly at 1PM :-O

So it’s completely irrelevant. And the worst part is that the update ruined my AutoSleep app. Now it does not work, can’t collect data etc. I’m trying to find solution at the moment, trying to reset my watches (S4 and S5), trying to reset permissions etc., but... nothing helps right now :-(

Any ideas what can I do to get my sleep tracking back?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 5:22 AM

Finally found the solution! Nothing helped (including talking with app support). Then I reset all my watches and set them as new (restoring from backup didn’t help), reinstalled apps on them and my sleep tracking is back. Unfortunately all heart rate data from the day I updated to WatchOS 7 and iOS 14 is missing.

The problem was in heart rate sync - after update my watches stopped sending the collected data to Health app, but everything else worked fine.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2020 5:22 AM in response to THG.ru

Finally found the solution! Nothing helped (including talking with app support). Then I reset all my watches and set them as new (restoring from backup didn’t help), reinstalled apps on them and my sleep tracking is back. Unfortunately all heart rate data from the day I updated to WatchOS 7 and iOS 14 is missing.

The problem was in heart rate sync - after update my watches stopped sending the collected data to Health app, but everything else worked fine.

Sleep tracking is working not as expected on iOS14/WatchOS 7 with Health app and AutoSleep app too

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.