You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terrible watch 4 battery life on watchOS 7

Is there anything that can be done to fix the rapid battery drain on an Apple Watch 4 after updating to watchOS 7? It used to last 2 days on a charge, now it is less than 1 day, making the watch almost useless. I already turned off and on the watch (as someone suggested), with no obvious change.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:45 PM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2020 8:07 PM in response to okie789

Yup, When my series 4 updated to iOS 7 it would randomly restart through out the day. Then it updated again, to 7.0.1 and the battery drained incredibly fast almost immediately...and ever since it drained it will not stay on for more then maybe a minute or two without restarting or just dying completely. When on the charger it just turns to charging mode for maybe 2-3 minutes (doesn’t charge past 1%) then restarts with apple logo. It has been doing this all day. Watch has no damage, never dropped ect. Tried different blocks, chargers & power sources to ensure it wasn’t on my end. Taking to apple store this weekend.

Oct 1, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Kblcav

The battery drain issue seems to have eased after several reboots and unpairing/re-pairing with phone - I had to spend several hours on intermittent live online chat with Apple tech support (3 or 4 different people) to get that far, because I had to reboot my computer multiple times too (part of their instructions). However, now my watch no longer communicates with my MacBook Pro or iMac computers, which it used to automatically unlock for me. Then, the ECG App stopped working, which was the main reason I bought the watch. Neither problem is resolved. Since I live 70 miles from the nearest Apple store, and I don't have hours to waste on tech support, I'm left with a marginally useful $450 watch. Not very happy about this. Apple needs to figure out what's going on with OS7 and fix it.

Oct 7, 2020 8:09 PM in response to okie789

So Apple updated my iPhone to OS 14.0.1 last night and now my the watch App stopped working at all, and my watch face spontaneously changed to something that wasn't in my options. I seem to have no way to fix it. I rebooted both devices with no effect. Apple is really screwing up repeatedly with the OS updates and needs to get their act together, or they're going to lose a long time customer. Can I undo the OS updates? By the way, I still can't use the ECG App and the watch still won't unlock my computers. watch is progressively become useless. Yes, I'm ******!

Terrible watch 4 battery life on watchOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.