You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard invisible when renaming folders

After having installed iOS 14 on my iPhone XS, when I wish to rename a folder in which I grouped some apps (long before App Library was born), the keyboard is not visible.

It is there: when I tap the bottom of the screen, characters appear.

But try and type something that makes sense on a hidden keyboard...

Don't tell me I need to get all of my apps out of their respective folders and delete the folders, now that AppLibrary is there? That's the kind of time consuming drag that I really don't need.

Any solutions, anybody?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 5:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 11:28 PM

Hi i_rina,

Thanks for your answer.

However, it must have been a 14.0-issue. I had other issues at the same time: being unable to send some text messages (some didn't get sent, others did), some e-mail accounts responding with long delay,...

Before posting my question, I did all the things that you suggest, without success however.

The 14.0.1 update resolved my issues, however.

So, I'm good for the time being.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day yourself as well !

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2020 11:28 PM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

Thanks for your answer.

However, it must have been a 14.0-issue. I had other issues at the same time: being unable to send some text messages (some didn't get sent, others did), some e-mail accounts responding with long delay,...

Before posting my question, I did all the things that you suggest, without success however.

The 14.0.1 update resolved my issues, however.

So, I'm good for the time being.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day yourself as well !

Sep 29, 2020 1:16 PM in response to BlueFox1

Hello, BlueFox1!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like the keyboard is not visible when you try to type to rename a folder on the home screen. First, check out this article to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and be sure you're running the latest software version.

Next, we recommend checking out this article with steps for How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and quit any apps running in the background. Once they're closed, Restart your iPhone and test to see if the issues are still going on.

Do you happen to have any third party keyboards or stickers installed on your device?

Does this happen in any other apps on the device?

Let us know the results and have a wonderful day!

keyboard invisible when renaming folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.