You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with restrictions placed through device management

My brother’s school placed restrictions (through device management) on our ipad and now I can’t open some apps at all, no matter the time of day, even when my brother is not during “highschool hours” and it’s very annoying. What can I do ?

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 5:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 12:14 PM

alimionerin wrote:

What do you mean by “their device?” They were not given out by the school, it is our personal ipad, that’s why I want to change it back.

You’re going to get to debate ownership and management with the school IT folks and with your brother.

You may well own this iPad, but the school has seemingly absconded with device management.

Should you be able to delete the profiles—some profiles can be deleted, and other profiles can be locked against deletion—that profile removal is probably going to cause issues for your brother.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2020 12:14 PM in response to celliott147

alimionerin wrote:

What do you mean by “their device?” They were not given out by the school, it is our personal ipad, that’s why I want to change it back.

You’re going to get to debate ownership and management with the school IT folks and with your brother.

You may well own this iPad, but the school has seemingly absconded with device management.

Should you be able to delete the profiles—some profiles can be deleted, and other profiles can be locked against deletion—that profile removal is probably going to cause issues for your brother.

Help with restrictions placed through device management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.