You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ecg

Hello, so today I updated to apple watch series 6 from apple watch series 4 and my ECG app is completely gone. It was not on the home screen for the watch and I had no prompt within the health app to set it up nor did I find anything from searching. I reset the apple watch and the option is now on the apple watch home screen however when I click it it tells me to set it up in the health app which is it still not possible.

-I have hard restarted both the devices

-Both running the latest OS (non beta)

-Worked fine on my series 4

-Not region restricted from ECG (USA)

-Over the age of 22

Basically the option is there I just cannot find a way to set it up within the health app. It worked fine on my series 4 just not sure why I can't set it up. Thanks.

Apple Watch Edition

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Thanks for asking about the new ECG feature.

Check here for availability in your region: ECG

ECG requires the current non-beta version of iOS and watchOS. For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles.

Heart rate notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later - Apple Support

If you have any other questions, please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2020 12:22 PM in response to BenMeisl

Thanks for asking about the new ECG feature.

Check here for availability in your region: ECG

ECG requires the current non-beta version of iOS and watchOS. For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles.

Heart rate notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later - Apple Support

If you have any other questions, please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Take care.

ecg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.