You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of all school equipment

During Lockdown a child at school entered our school apple id wrongly 3 times and has locked us out of the school account and the icloud account. Unfortunately the member of staff who set this up is no longer with us and we have no knowledge of the answer to the security question. We have been onto Apple Support on the phone for over 12 hours on and off in the last few weeks and have been given absolutely no help at all. This means that we now have over 100 ipads and a mac air that can no longer be used as we are unable to log on.

Please does anyone have any help they can offer us to enable us to find a way to log on and be able to use the equipment again. I am at the end of my tether, they can tell me the password is wrong but cannot tell me how I can reset it without access to the information from the dead member of staff. Our head is threatening to go to the press with this story so I am now becoming desperate for an answer.

PLEASE any ideas?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 7:49 AM

So, you really need to be using Apple School Manager. This prevents issues like this. If you have the original receipts for the devices, Apple can help you unlock them.

As far as helping your further, due to security issues, Apple cannot assist you without the information. The press having the story won't change things.

What is Apple School Manager? - Apple Support

Enroll in Apple School Manager - Apple Support

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

If the ID is tied to a school email address, you may have luck by logging into that email for recovery.

I'm sorry this happened, but Apple isn't the bad guy here. How do they know you're not a disgruntled former student seeking to create havoc on your org?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2020 7:49 AM in response to CVPS2020

So, you really need to be using Apple School Manager. This prevents issues like this. If you have the original receipts for the devices, Apple can help you unlock them.

As far as helping your further, due to security issues, Apple cannot assist you without the information. The press having the story won't change things.

What is Apple School Manager? - Apple Support

Enroll in Apple School Manager - Apple Support

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

If the ID is tied to a school email address, you may have luck by logging into that email for recovery.

I'm sorry this happened, but Apple isn't the bad guy here. How do they know you're not a disgruntled former student seeking to create havoc on your org?

Locked out of all school equipment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.