You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 wont update to iOS 14.

How can I update my iPhone 6 it stuck on iOS 12.4.8 and it says it’s up to date but it’s not please apple if you read this can you please get back to me ASAP. Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:04 PM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2020 1:54 PM in response to X-Hershey-X

The iOS 13 update from last year requires twice the memory available your iPhone 6 and/or a faster processer than your iPhone 6.

This year's iOS 14 update has not changed those requirements.

The 2015-era iPhone 6s hardware changes were a fairly substantial upgrade from the 2014-era iPhone 6, and yet newer iPhone models are yet more capable.

It’s fairly common for app developers to support the three most recent releases, so you’ll probably not encounter app update limits or problems until (presumably) next year’s updates.

Apple has never had hardware upgrades for any iPhone, for storage or for memory, and the only option is replacement with a newer or new iPhone.

My iPhone 6 wont update to iOS 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.