You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom does not open from email link

I cannot ever open a Zoom meeting on my iPad by clicking on the link in an eamail on my iPad. I use AOL email with Safari. Clicking the Zoom link in the email message brings up a notice that Zoom is not supported and that I should use Safari, but I am using Safari. The same thing happens if I open my email from Chrome with the Google app. The only way I can enter a Zoom meeting is by manually entering the meeting id and password into the Zoom app or copying and pasting it, which sometimes works.

On my desktop pc, I do not have this problem at all. I click on the Zoom link in my AOL email from my Chrome browser.

Please tell me how to get into a Zoom meeting on my iPad without having to enter the meeting id and password.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:56 PM

hildagarde163 wrote:

I cannot ever open a Zoom meeting on my iPad by clicking on the link in an eamail on my iPad. I use AOL email with Safari. Clicking the Zoom link in the email message brings up a notice that Zoom is not supported and that I should use Safari, but I am using Safari. The same thing happens if I open my email from Chrome with the Google app. The only way I can enter a Zoom meeting is by manually entering the meeting id and password into the Zoom app or copying and pasting it, which sometimes works.

On my desktop pc, I do not have this problem at all. I click on the Zoom link in my AOL email from my Chrome browser.

Please tell me how to get into a Zoom meeting on my iPad without having to enter the meeting id and password.

Maybe a question to ask zoom or zoom support, or maybe they want you to download and use their app for zoom meetings. T

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2020 12:56 PM in response to hildagarde163

hildagarde163 wrote:

Maybe a question to ask zoom or zoom support, or maybe they want you to download and use their app for zoom meetings. T

Zoom does not open from email link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.