You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages freezes when using the inline import image function

Hi,

I have a 13 inch 2015 Macbook pro running Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287). I noticed that when I have embedded images in pages documents, right click and select import images, the entire application freezes forcing me to use activity monitor to force quit the application.

Any tips would be very helpful!

Thanks,

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 5:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 5:23 AM

Each time that Pages either crashes, or it freezes and you have to kill it — press and hold the shift key the next time that you launch it. This prevents it from reloading previous application state, and it may then behave normally.

I suggest that if you plan to replace images, that you use Format menu : Advanced : Define as Image Placeholder. Then, when you right-click, and select Replace Image… you can drag and drop an image from the Media tool, or from outside of Pages from the Finder, and it will perform the replacement (and automatic resizing if it is larger). You can read more about Media placeholders here.

I also suggest that you update Catalina to 10.15.7 and Pages to v10.2. This will have you at current revisions, and may also eliminate any past version related issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2020 5:23 AM in response to kpprasa

Each time that Pages either crashes, or it freezes and you have to kill it — press and hold the shift key the next time that you launch it. This prevents it from reloading previous application state, and it may then behave normally.

I suggest that if you plan to replace images, that you use Format menu : Advanced : Define as Image Placeholder. Then, when you right-click, and select Replace Image… you can drag and drop an image from the Media tool, or from outside of Pages from the Finder, and it will perform the replacement (and automatic resizing if it is larger). You can read more about Media placeholders here.

I also suggest that you update Catalina to 10.15.7 and Pages to v10.2. This will have you at current revisions, and may also eliminate any past version related issues.

Pages freezes when using the inline import image function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.