You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2017 Very Slow

When signing into my profile it takes very long for the computer to load and get ready to be used. When its finally ready usually get the beach ball for every action. I did this Etrecheck I don't know if someone can help figuring out what I can do. The iMac has been like this since when I bought it really.

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 9:33 AM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2020 9:54 AM in response to Sereneset

Basically you bought a base model iMac with only 8gb of RAM and a glacially slow 5400rpm HD. Those devices are intended for doing e-mail and surfing the web. You then installed professional apps on it. In short, you bought the wrong Mac!

The only thing you can do to improve it is to buy an external USB 3.0 SSD and then clone the internal drive to the SSD using either SuperDuper! Or Carbon Copy Cloner. Then you can use the SSD as your startup drive and the internal drive as additional storage.

iMac 2017 Very Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.