You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook spillage

So earlier this week I spill apple juice on my MacBook Air 13-inch, 2017. I wiped it off, let it dry upside-down and I used a blowdryer and besides some sticky key and some back-light damage it was fine and functioning well. I tried to use it yesterday but I noticed the power was running low so I put it on charge and I noticed the charger light wasn't working but I didn't give it much thought . When I turn it on today I saw that it hadn't charged at all. When I plug it in the screen lights up and the battery icon at the top of my screen showed that it was charging, but I when I tap the battery icon it says "Battery Is Not Charging". spilled the juice on the left side of the laptop so I'm not sure if it's the charger or the laptop. I know most people would say it's the laptop but if that was the case then why would the charger light not be working? does anyone have any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 2:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 6:08 PM

You need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop and provide you an estimate for repair. Liquid has a crazy way of finding its way into all sorts of locations on the MBAirs.

1 reply

MacBook spillage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.