You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

T2 Security Chip

I understand the iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 inch 2020 iPads have the T2 security chip. I have read Apple Supports article. I’m wondering if anyone would like to break that down a little more for me ? Any descriptions, info or opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance !

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 6:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 7:45 PM

Chattanoogan wrote:

Glad you found it interesting.

There's a whole wealth of good technical info in all the pages of that particular document ...

... even "interesting" for those of us who are more "technically inclined".

LOL

Cheers.

Lol. Thank you! I learn more every day. I believe I have made up my mind. I’ll continue to research. That’s where I found this info to begin with. I love Apple articles though. Into my folder these go! Have a great night and I really appreciate your effort.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2020 7:45 PM in response to Chattanoogan

Chattanoogan wrote:

Glad you found it interesting.

There's a whole wealth of good technical info in all the pages of that particular document ...

... even "interesting" for those of us who are more "technically inclined".

LOL

Cheers.

Lol. Thank you! I learn more every day. I believe I have made up my mind. I’ll continue to research. That’s where I found this info to begin with. I love Apple articles though. Into my folder these go! Have a great night and I really appreciate your effort.

Sep 27, 2020 7:21 PM in response to Chattanoogan

Chattanoogan wrote:

Have you seen Apple's Platform Security Guide ?

https://support.apple.com/guide/security/secure-enclave-overview-sec59b0b31ff/web

No. I hadn’t read that one. Thank you. It was helpful. I’m still a fairly new user and don’t want to get in over my head but this an appealing feature. I’ve been researching and wasn’t even aware of it. I do have an iPhone 11 and iPad 7th generation.

Oct 7, 2020 10:01 PM in response to Chattanoogan

I just wanted to note That I’m still studying all the T2 information. Thank you for assisting. It’s quite a bit to digest. This tool was definitely a good breakdown. I saved it the hopes I may be able to share the wealth.

Chattanoogan wrote:

Have you seen Apple's Platform Security Guide ?

https://support.apple.com/guide/security/secure-enclave-overview-sec59b0b31ff/web

T2 Security Chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.