You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing account I’d on iPhone & other devices

I have an iPhone/iPad/Mac connected to An Apple ID with an email address that I am not going to have access to in 2 weeks. I like to change the device to another Apple ID/email I have. How do you do that?

the other Apple ID’s are not connected to my IPhone/IPad when I try to change the email or add my other email to my iPhone, I get an error that I cannot use that email

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 6:42 PM

You are welcome. For the apps, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

On the work phone, do a backup, and restore the backup to the new phone. You will need the work ID/password and possibly the passcode of the work phone to restore the backup to the new phone.

Back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.    

If you are syncing data to iCloud on the work phone, you can also try signing into the work phone using your personal Apple ID. When changing to the new ID, there may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion.

How to switch Apple IDs on your iPhone or iPad.      

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another.       

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

On the new phone set up iCloud syncing to transfer iCloud data.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2020 6:42 PM in response to Bdine

You are welcome. For the apps, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

On the work phone, do a backup, and restore the backup to the new phone. You will need the work ID/password and possibly the passcode of the work phone to restore the backup to the new phone.

Back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.    

If you are syncing data to iCloud on the work phone, you can also try signing into the work phone using your personal Apple ID. When changing to the new ID, there may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. See Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion.

How to switch Apple IDs on your iPhone or iPad.      

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another.       

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

On the new phone set up iCloud syncing to transfer iCloud data.

Sep 28, 2020 5:28 PM in response to Bdine

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

I'm not sure I understand the 2nd part of your question. Are you using more that one Apple ID?

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Sep 28, 2020 6:10 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric.

let me clarify. I have a company iphone Using a company email as apple ID for the phone. I am retiring and want to port my current number to a new iphone. Would like to get all my configurations, contacts, apps etc... to my new iphone using my personal apple ID /email. The personal Apple ID/email is only used to log into a macbook. What’s the best way yo do that?

Changing account I’d on iPhone & other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.