You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Display Port Broken - How to connect external monitor?

Hi I am using a mid 2013 Macbook Air (old I know!) and the mini display port is broken. Its definitely a hardware issue. I am using an external monitor (3rd party - asus) which is not wifi enabled and only comes with a HDMI and a VGA port. With the port broken, what is the easiest way for me to connect my mac to my external monitor? I am only using it for work, not gaming etc. Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 3:44 AM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2020 2:30 PM in response to Chrisk120

Hey there, Chrisk120.

We understand that the Mini DisplayPort for your MacBook Air is broken, which is stopping you from being able to use an external display. To clarify, is the port physically broken or not working as it should? If the port is physically broken, you can find your options by reaching out to Apple Support here: Contact Apple Support If the port isn't working like it should but doesn't appear to be physically broken, please try restarting your MacBook Air: Log out, sleep, restart, or shut down your Mac

Also, you can see more information about using an external display here: Use external monitors with your Mac You can also see other ports that may support an external device by referencing this article: Identify the ports on your Mac

Let us know if you have any questions. Take care.

Mini Display Port Broken - How to connect external monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.