You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add printer to the printer list not possible

I try to add my canon usb printer to the printer list under catalina. The printer is found and configured but does not appear on the list. This happens if I use Airprint or the proper updated printer driver. Can anyone help?

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:07 PM

Hi, Bufeo.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We’re glad you decided to reach out about not being able to see your printer in the printer list when attempting to print. If we understand correctly, you were able to add the printer and update the drivers successfully as outlined in these articles:

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Update printer software on Mac - Apple Support

When you attempt to print, you mentioned it doesn’t show up in the list. Are you printing for your Mac or another device on the network? 

You mentioned AirPrint. Have you confirmed that your printer is AirPrint enabled?

These suggestions may also help:

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

All our best.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2020 7:07 PM in response to Bufeo

Hi, Bufeo.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We’re glad you decided to reach out about not being able to see your printer in the printer list when attempting to print. If we understand correctly, you were able to add the printer and update the drivers successfully as outlined in these articles:

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Update printer software on Mac - Apple Support

When you attempt to print, you mentioned it doesn’t show up in the list. Are you printing for your Mac or another device on the network? 

You mentioned AirPrint. Have you confirmed that your printer is AirPrint enabled?

These suggestions may also help:

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

All our best.

add printer to the printer list not possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.