You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect DisplayPort 1.2 monitor to MacBook Pro 2019

What adapter do you recommend to go from my thunder bolt 3 MacBook Pro 2019 to my Dell display port 1.2 S3221QS monitor? I don’t want to shortchange myself and I’m going for 4K resolution.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 12:37 PM

Hey there, Roadster20.

We understand that you're looking for an adapter to work with your Dell external display and your MacBook Pro. The following article could be helpful: Adapters for the Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C port on your Mac or iPad Pro

Specifically, this part of the article could be helpful:

"If you're using a DisplayPort cable with your display, use a third-party USB-C to DisplayPort adapter or cable, such as the Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable."

Let us know if you have any questions. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Roadster20

Hey there, Roadster20.

We understand that you're looking for an adapter to work with your Dell external display and your MacBook Pro. The following article could be helpful: Adapters for the Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C port on your Mac or iPad Pro

Specifically, this part of the article could be helpful:

"If you're using a DisplayPort cable with your display, use a third-party USB-C to DisplayPort adapter or cable, such as the Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable."

Let us know if you have any questions. Take care!

Connect DisplayPort 1.2 monitor to MacBook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.